Tuesday, August 11, 2009

(Far From) Last Thoughts...

It's good to be home. It really is. I don't know if I truly realized just how much I missed everyone until I got back. However, I'd be lying if I said that I'm not thinking of the boys quite often. There are so many things from this trip, that I'll just never be able to forget.

This is something I jotted down a little while back, after several days of being back home.

Every morning, I hope I wake up and hear that annoying rooster crowing at 4 AM.
I hope that I'll make a face because of the smells of the jungle I'm living in.
I hope that my back will hurt because of the thin mattress I'm sleeping on.
I hope I'll hear all the insects buzzing around my head and that I'll already be sweating because of the incredible heat.
And I hope that I'll wake up to the sound of "La Nina De tus Ojos" coming out of Willy's phone, like I have every morning for the past two weeks.

Instead, I wake up on a clean pillow in my comfy bed with the smell of pancakes coming from downstairs.
I don't smell like the jungle.
My cell phone and iPod are right beside me on my night stand and a tear rolls down my face.


Because I would give all my luxuries away in a heartbeat if I could only be with those special boys again.


.......

I'm working on finding you a link for all my pictures online, and will post it once I figure out how...which hopefully will be soon! Thank you so much for keeping up with my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment