Monday, August 3, 2009

July 31, 2009

Today is the day that most of me hoped would never come.

Tonight I'm spending the night at the Clarks house. We had lasagna for lunch, which was incredible after 2 weeks of jungle food. I took a shower with clean water (as opposed to jumping in the river) and blow-dried my hair--I don't know when I've felt so in all of my life.

Yet inspite of all these luxuries I find myself amazed at (i.e. water, lights, clenlyness, ham and cheese sandwhiches), I feel like there's a hole in my heart. So many boys--I don't think I'll ever be able to forget one of them. Last night and this morning were hard. Ronaldo cried when I left. I've met so many incredibly special people this trip--the house parents, the educators, the helpers, the Scripture Union volunteers--so evidentally placed here by God...I'm going to miss it all.

I'm actually going home tomorrow-this was the quickest month of my life.

As soon as I get home, my life is going to return to its normal stressfulness and my time will quickly be occupied. I wish I could bring "la hora peruana" back with me. And I don't know how I'll get to sleep tonight without "La nina de tus ojos" play in the background over and over again. I know that the faces, smiles, and words of these boys will not leave my mind for a very long time.

But I thank God that I can say with David,


"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."

-Psalm 68:19

No comments:

Post a Comment