Wednesday, July 8, 2009

finally some internet!

Wow! I cant believe it has been a week already! I just have a little time here before breakfast, but Im planning to update more in detail later.

I just finished a week in Kawai. The center is sitting literally right on the ocean. It was unlike anything Ive ever done before. I really enjoyed working with a medical team, and it was incredible to see the impact that we were having in these kids lives. I met some really neat people on the trip, and it was amazing to see how quickly we came together. About a third of our team was Peruvian, and I enjoyed getting to know them, and get even more immersed in the language! :)

Yesterday was pretty hectic. There was supposed to be a transportation strike in Lima yesterday, so we needed to get up at 3 AM to be on the road a little after 4. Unfortunately, as soon as everyone was on the bus, it broke down, and we werent able to get on the road until 6. We finally made it to Lima and toured some catacombs and did some shopping in the market!

In the market I met up with the new group that I will be going with to Cusco. They are all from Scotland! Christy (a teacher from my school) was also here with the group. We spend the whole night at dinner laughing at eachothers weird words and expressions. They pronounce aluminum foil, like al-you-MIN-ee-um.

Were just about to leave for a bus tour in Lima, and then our flight leaves early tomorrow morning for Cusco! Please pray for safe travels and that our group will truly set an example for the people we come in contact with!

No comments:

Post a Comment