Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 15, 2009

In the last two days, I think I´ve seen more forteresses and temples than most of the Incans Indians saw themselves. The Incans were obviously brilliant people. Thier structures withstand earthquakes, their inventions are incredible for thier time period, and how they were able to make these huge structures out of these huge rocks with such limited tools is amazing.
And yet, today, every single place is in ruins.

No matter how many things we as humans come up with, or how incredible our technology becomes, the things of this earth will not last. They will all come to ruin, but the things of God will last forever.

It is only through Him that we can do any of what we are doing now.

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance against a troop;
with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.

He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.

He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.

-Psalm 18:28-35

No comments:

Post a Comment