Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 9, 2009

Urabamba , Peru. I´d forgotten how much i love this place--there´s just somethings about it that makes me smile. I could go on and on about these mountains. They´ve got to be the pst gorgeous on earth-a tiny reflection of the beauty of their creator. Their physical presence is a constant reminder of how samll I am, and how much God is in control. Urabamba is just outside of Cusco, but is far enough away that its not swarmed with tourists, and not every peruvian on the street is trying to sell you something.
Seeing all the familiar places again was incredible, so many memories, and definitely worth the early morning this morning. We´re even staying at the same hostal I stayed at last year!
Tomorrow will be my 2nd trip to Machu Picchu. The people here are so intriguing to me...I´m back in Cusco...no puedo creerlo!

2 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on your BLOG. You are doing some amazing work Catherine. I also heard from your dad that you are playing Soccer....what?...this is your big chance to introduce Volleyball....Great to hear that you are doing well and are safe. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures. I pray that you continue to be safe as you do God's work. See you soon...Coach Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick! We played volleyball with the boys in Kawai just the other day! You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete