Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello, everyone!

I talked to Catherine this morning. She hasn't been near an internet cafe to update her blog, but asked if I'd do a brief update. She may have internet access Thursday when she gets to Cusco.

Catherine has been with a medical team in Kawai since she arrived (7-1). They are working in schools. The children are examined, and then, if additional care is needed, they are seen by an appropriate health care provider--dentist, eye doctor, etc. Catherine's helping with health education--showing kids how to brush their teeth, wash hands, etc. I believe she said they're seeing around 200 students a day! She's also been a "runner"--taking prescriptions to appropriate people, and she's interpreting when people have questions.

It sounds like the days are full, but good. When she called, they were traveling to another school in another town. On one side of the road you could see the ocean, on the other--mountains!

Tomorrow she is leaving with the medical team for the airport. They plan to leave super early as there is to be a strike at the airport. She asked that we pray there would be no complications with that.

Thanks for praying!
Jolene Wolter

1 comment:

  1. :( Cat King!! Call when I'm up!! *hug* I guess I love you anyways!!!! Sorry my phone is down,but mom put the extra charger in! Well, Call us sometime at a summer vacation type hour. :( Too bad I can't text you. *hug*

    ReplyDelete