Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 18, 2009

After four hours of sitting on a plan for what was supposed to be a 1 1/2 hour flight, we finally made it to Iquitos, Peru. We are literally in the middle of the jungle. As I got off the plane and looked around, it reminded me exactly of where I have always imagined Jim Elliot dying in the middle of Ecuador.

Yesterday, was crazy. I had dinner with one of my friends in Lima, which required two 50 minute taxi rides between the airport and jockey plaza. Luckly for me, Im still alive. :-)

On the way back, my taxi driver was a Johova´s whitness. We seriously had a 50 minute (good-natured) debate the whole entire ride...we both had our Bibles out and everything. (thank you Lord for my spanish-english Bible, and Mr. Nerness´ Bible class!)

I´ve heard so much about this place, and I can´t wait to see it for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment